Our Commitments / Entreprise à mission
PATYKA, "Entreprise à Mission"
Even more commited
In 2002, PATYKA was one of the first organic-certified cosmetics brands with the COSMOS label by ECOCERT.
As a pioneer in its industry, PATYKA offers a unique vision of beauty where effectiveness, sensoriality and ethics are inseparable. An uncompromising cosmetics that cares for the health and beauty of the skin thanks to high-performance formulas, ultra-concentrated in botanical and biotechnological active ingredients, and respectful of the environment and biodiversity.
In November 2020, PATYKA took a new step becoming officially "Entreprise à Mission". A strong act, which publicly reinforces our societal and environmental commitments.
What is "Entreprise à Mission" ?
A new legal status, supervised by the french « PACTE » law of May 2019, which allows companies to officially set them societal and environmental objectives, in addition to their economic objectives.
In November 2020, and after 18 years of commitments, PATYKA becomes the 3rd cosmetics brand to adopt this status. It thus confirms its original ambition : to be a brand that respects women, men and the earth, and has a positive impact on its surrounding environment.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR PATYKA?
Mélia Roger, CSR Director at PATYKA, explains what this new status means for our company.
Our Raison d'être
Because it is essential to act now for future generations, Patyka has adopted an ambitious mission:
"TO ACT SUSTAINABLY TO CARE FOR MEN AND WOMEN AND PRESERVE THE ENVIRONMENT AND BIODIVERSITY."
As part of this mission, Patyka is committed to :
1 - Taking care of women and men with healthy skincare products, made in France, organic-certified and vegan, with a high level of traceability.
2 -Taking care of the planet and preserving its resources in favour of biodiversity and ecological transition, for the well-being of future generations.
3 - Building an inspiring common project by being attentive to the well-being, balance and quality of life at work of all employees, and to be part of a social and solidarity-based approach.
4 - Promoting a pioneering spirit, be a responsible actor and innovate to build a sustainable world.
Our Formulation Charter
- More than 98% of ingredients of natural origin versus 95% minimum for the COSMOS label by Ecocert.
- 44% of ingredients from Organic Agriculture on average (no GMOs, no pesticides) excluding rinsed washing products.
- 0 suspect or controversial chemical ingredients. 0 endangered plant species.
- Natural fragrances and preservatives.
- High concentration of botanical and biotechnological active ingredients for an optimal effectiveness.
Example: replacement of water by floral waters in anti-ageing products.
- Vegan formulas, except for the Hydra-Smoothing Moisturizer and Intensive Hydra-Smoothing Moisturizer which contain beeswax.
- Use of upcycled* ingredients where possible. That is the case for the Plum oil used in Bouche à Bouche Lip Balm and Main dans la Main Hands and Nails Cream.
*Use and transformation of plant/fruit residues (e.g.: stone of the fruit). Nothing is lost, everything is transformed!
100% of PATYKA packagings are recyclable and/or recycled.
· Recyclable: all our cosmetics bottles, tubes, jars and packagings are made from recyclable materials. Please help us by sorting the packaging after use.
· Recycled: we integrate recycled material (glass or plastic) in our bottles, tubes and jars to limit the production of new virgin material.
Made in France
Maison PATYKA, born in Paris, offers 100% Made in France skincare products.
We work with carefully selected farmers to harvest botanical ingredients of exceptional quality, and with the best French craftsmen and manufacturers to develop the most desirable fragrances and the most innovative packaging.
To further support the French economy, more than 50% of our plant ingredients will be sourced in France by 2025.
PATYKA plants 1 tree every 2 hours. More than 20,000 trees will be planted in France by 2025 as part of our reforestation programme.
Because forests are the planet's green lung, absorbing CO2 and transforming it into oxygen, it is essential to protect them to slow down global warming.
Thanks to our partnership with Reforest'Action, PATYKA participates in the reforestation of French territory by planting various species adapted to the local ecosystem and by encouraging natural regeneration.
By 2030, we have set ourselves an even more ambitious goal:
To achieve carbon neutrality by reducing and offsetting all our CO2 and greenhouse gas emissions.
We will carry out a carbon assessment in 2021, and then every 5 years, to regularly evaluate our progress.