How to recognise pigmentation spots?
Unlike freckles, which are genetic and which no product can fade, brown spots can take on a more or less dark colour. Their shape is not necessarily round and their size varies. Indeed, some spots can spread over several centimetres. Hyperpigmentation problems are caused by a number of factors. To best treat this skin problem, it is essential to identify the triggering factor or factors.
- Free radicals: When the skin is exposed to external aggressions, it is invaded by free radicals which oxidise the cells and weaken the epidermis. They cause the premature appearance of wrinkles as well as brown spots.
- Hormones: In some pregnant women, hormonal activity favours the appearance of the famous "pregnancy mask", also called melasma.
- Skin inflammations: Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation occurs following an aggression of the epidermis: lesion, rash, burn, acne scar... The skin is darkened and discoloured after the skin heals. And again, UV rays stimulate the appearance of these spots.
This type of hyperpigmentation is particularly observed on dark or matte skins, which are richer in melanin.
- Ageing : From the age of 40, age spots increase in number and size over the years. The sun and the natural ageing process lead to the appearance of small spots on the face, hands, chest, shoulders, etc.
What causes pigmentation spots on the skin?
As well as influencing the pigmentation of the epidermis, melanocytes also act as a protective shield against the sun's rays: they multiply and grow to protect the health and vitality of the skin.
However, melanocytes are fragile and very sensitive. Indeed, at the slightest disturbance, they have a tendency to get out of control. To protect themselves against these attacks, they create too much melanin and it is distributed in a heterogeneous way. The result: pigment spots appear and the skin is less and less radiant and even.
All skin types can be prone to the formation of pigment spots, but some skin types need to be more vigilant than others. In particular, dark, black, mature or acne-prone skin.
Discover PATYKA's anti-spot care routine
In order to regain an even and regular complexion, without resorting to invasive treatments on the skin's pigmentation, opt for natural, certified organic, targeted care products with proven effectiveness.
PATYKA Advanced Research has developed complementary daily care products to get rid of blemishes, whatever their origin: the Brightening Micro-Peeling Essence, the Dark Spot Correcting Serum, the High Protection Anti-Blemish Fluid SPF30 and the Brightening Renewal Night Peel available in refill format.
These certified organic products, of natural origin, prevent the appearance of new brown spots on the face and reduce those already present. They even out the complexion, giving it radiance while addressing pigmentation problems to restore the skin's beauty.
The Radiance Micro-Peeling Essence
To target and effectively treat this skin problem, discover PATYKA's new Brightening Micro-Peeling Essence.
This certified organic treatment intensively treats spots and other pigmentary disorders. Its complete formula acts on all stages of melanogenesis: it reduces brown spots and skin irregularities, and evens out the complexion to reveal its full radiance.
The key active ingredients of the treatment :
- The 5 Natural Fruit Acid Complex: This precious blend of blueberry, cane sugar, maple sugar, orange and lemon gently purifies and exfoliates the skin. Its peeling action smoothes the epidermis and eliminates dead cells loaded with melanin. In addition, this powerful complex boosts cell regeneration to fade spots for a radiant, plumped-up complexion.
- Sea Fern: This brown algae, native to the French Atlantic coast, controls the 3 mechanisms responsible for pigmentation to significantly reduce the size of pigmentation spots for a brightening effect.
- Pure & Vegetable Hyaluronic Acid - high molecular weight: Famous for its exceptional thirst-quenching properties, this Hyaluronic Acid forms a non-occlusive hydrating film on the skin's surface and retains water in the cells in a lasting way.
HOW TO USE IT ?
Every evening, on a perfectly cleansed face, apply a few drops of Micro-Peeling Essence to the whole face, massaging in circular motions. It is ideal for increasing the effectiveness of the Anti-Spot Corrector Serum tenfold. Its fluid and slightly jelly-like texture, with delicate floral and fruity notes, will also offer you a unique sensory experience.
This treatment is suitable for all skin types
The Dark Spot Corrector Serum
A true anti-spot ally, this serum has a targeted and preventive action on pigmentary spots, whether they are due to the sun, hormones, acne scars or skin ageing. It comes to the rescue of blemished skin by protecting it against future blemishes, blocking the formation of incipient blemishes and fading existing ones.
The main active ingredients of the treatment :
- Goji berries: 500 times more concentrated in vitamin C than oranges, these small precious berries fight against free radicals, precursors of pigmentation spots. Anti-oxidant, it act as a protective shield for skin tissue.
- The Sea Fern + Oxyresveratrol Complex: This exclusive PATYKA complex combines Sea Fern and Oxyresveratrol, an antioxidant molecule obtained from the distillation of Wild Mulberry. It blocks the production of melanin and inhibits the activity of tyrosinase, which is responsible for the appearance of spots.
- Fruit Acid Complex: This complex is a blend of gentle exfoliating agents from maple, sugar cane and citrus fruits. They act on the surface of the skin's quality. They lighten existing blemishes, even out and brighten the complexion, while respecting the skin's natural balance and pigmentation.
HOW TO USE IT?
In the morning and evening, after the Micro-Peeling Essence, apply one to two pumps of the Anti-Spot Corrector Serum to the whole face, without forgetting the décolleté and the back of the hands.
You can then apply your usual moisturiser. This treatment is suitable for all skin types
The best way to prevent pigmentation spots and premature skin ageing is to limit exposure to the sun and to apply a protective cream every day that corrects, protects and prevents the appearance of pigmentation spots. Our High Protection Dark-Spot Fluid SPF30, recommended by dermatologists, is suitable for all skin types, even the most sensitive.
The main active ingredients of the treatment :
High Dark-Spot Correction: thanks to the action of Sea Fern, a botanical active ingredient capable of reducing the intensity and surface area of pigmentation spots through its powerful melanoreductive action.
High UV & anti-free radical protection: The combination of two natural mineral filters (Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide) and a powerful antioxidant complex (Vitamin E and Pongamia) protects the skin from UVA/UVB rays and free radicals, which are responsible for the appearance of spots.
High Hydration: to guarantee optimal hydration and comfort for the skin, its formula also contains High Molecular Weight Hyaluronic Acid, which will maintain the skin's water reserves, and organic Aloe Vera.
How to use it?
A real day care product to be used in the morning, apply a dab of the High Protection Dark Spot SPF30 to the entire face, neck and décolleté after the Anti-Spot Corrector Serum.
Exfoliation is the essential step in the case of pigmentation spots. Indeed, exfoliating the skin activates cell regeneration and allows the elimination of dead cells and other accumulated impurities. It also allows a better penetration of the depigmenting active ingredients. The complexion is then clearly lightened and it finds a more homogeneous aspect.
Did you know that?
At night, the skin reaches its peak of cellular regeneration but it is also more permeable to skin care products, which boosts their effectiveness.
Highly concentrated, the Brightening Renewal Night Peel :
- Accelerates the elimination of spots
- Boosts the skin's radiance
- Evens out the complexion
The key active ingredients of the treatment :
3 powerful AHAs (8%) :
Citric Acid 2.5%: exfoliates melanin pigments accumulated on the surface of the epidermis and smoothes the skin texture for an even and luminous complexion.
Phytic Acid 2%, a natural derivative of rice bran, has lightening and exfoliating properties that enable it to eliminate hyperpigmented cells more quickly.
Lactic Acid 3.5%, a small molecular size, penetrates the deep layers of the epidermis to target established spots.
Sea Fern: reduces the intensity and size of all types of pigmentation spots before they form on the surface.
Plant Bisabolol: derived from Candeia essential oil, its soothing and anti-inflammatory action reduces the irritating potential of AHAs.
Organic shea butter: nourishes and brings comfort to the skin.
How to use it ?
Every evening or as a one-month treatment, on perfectly cleansed skin and after the Anti-Spot Correcting Serum, apply a thin layer of the Brightening Renewal Night Peel to the entire face instead of your night cream.
Other beauty gestures not to be neglected
- Cleanse your skin morning and night:
Among the habits to have to avoid the formation of brown spots, it is essential to clean your face meticulously, morning and evening. A basic but essential gesture because when the skin is clean, free of all toxins, it becomes more resistant to external aggressions and free radicals. This helps to prevent the formation of pigmentation spots.
PATYKA has developed the CLEAN ritual for clean skin in 3 key steps.
First, the Melting Cleansing Oil, with its non-comedogenic formula, perfectly removes all types of make-up, even waterproof. Or the Soothing Cleansing Milk who is adapt to every types of skin.
Then, the Detox Cleansing Foam frees the skin from impurities while respecting the skin's balance thanks to its soap-free composition enriched with organic Moringa.
Finally, the Soothing Milky Lotion, rich in Aloe Vera, provides the first moisturising gesture for the skin. Its fresh, milky texture replenishes and soothes the skin.
Would you like to complete your anti-spot care routine? Discover our Rides& Fermeté collection and actively fight against the signs of ageing!